Courses at NIFT | Gurumantra- NIFT Entrance Coaching
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech)
- Master of Design (M.Des)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
- Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
NIFT Application Form 2019 | Gurumantra- NIFT Entrance Coaching
- Online application to become available from the first week of November 2018.
- Important: Only online mode is applicable for NIFT form submission. Printed forms will not be entertained for NIFT 2019 Entrance.
NIFT Entrance Eligibility Criteria | Gurumantra- NIFT Entrance Coaching
UG Courses Eligibility:
- Age Limit: Candidates above 23 years as on 1st October 2018 cannot apply for UG courses at NIFT.
- The upper age limit of SC/ST/PHP candidates will be relaxed by 5 years i.e. (28 years as on 1st October 2018)
NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern | Gurumantra- NIFT Entrance Coaching
(B.Des and M.Des):
The NIFT exam has three patterns namely:
GAT, CAT & GD/PI
- 1. General Ability Test (GAT): It is the written test for all the 5 courses offered by NIFT. GAT is the first criteria for selection in NIFT.
- 2. Creative Ability Test (CAT): After GAT, candidates are required to qualify the CAT.
- 3. Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Personal Interview: Candidates who will qualify both the written tests will be eligible for Situation Test (in case of B.Des) and GD/PI (in case of M.Des).
(B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech & MFM):
For B.F.Tech, General Ability Test is the only selection test. MFM & M.F.Tech aspirants are required to participate in GD/PI after qualifying the General Ability Test.
NIFT 2019 Exam Details for GAT | Gurumantra- NIFT Entrance Coaching
- Exam Mode: General Ability Test is conducted in offline mode for all courses.
- Exam duration: 2 hours (for B.Des & M.Des) and 3 hours (for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech).
- Number of Questions: 100 questions for UG courses and 120 questions for PG courses.
- Language: English.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
NIFT 2019 Creative Ability Test (CAT) Syllabus | Gurumantra- NIFT Coaching
Creative Ability Test (CAT) for B.Des & M.Des tests the innovative and artistic abilities of the candidates.
Situation test for B.Des candidates assesses candidates’ skills for material handling.
Group discussion comprises of a discussion on a case study.